Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Two Weeks Left

It's hard to believe that in two weeks I will be in San Antonio spending 8 1/2 weeks at BMT (basic military training). This Thursday will be my last day working at FedEx after working there for almost five years. I have moved out of my apartment and back into my parents house already. I have been working on my physical training doing pushups/situps and running on my parents treadmill. In the last week I finally reached my goal running by running 1.5 miles in 12 minutes. That pace is the minimum required for a male to graduate BMT so knowing that I can already run that is encouraging. I think I am going to post a video next weekend showing what I am bringing to BMT. I will be bringing my cell phone to BMT, they take it from you and lock it away until you are given time to call home then they return your phone for a few minutes. You are only to make voice calls and cannot text or use facebook or anything. But I will be able to use my phone at the MEPS hotel and at the airport before I get to Lackland AFB. So I am going to update this blog a few times on ship day before they take my phone from me, then my next post won't be until July. But that post in July should be good because I will have a lot to talk about.

So just to clarify my official ship date is Tuesday April 30, 2013. On Monday the 29th I have to go to my recruiters office to fill out some paperwork then he will take me to a hotel in Indianapolis. In the morning they will drive me to MEPS where I will do some more processing and swear in to active duty, then they will give me a plane ticket and drive me to the airport.

1 comment:

  1. Your ship date is getting close. Hopefully you enjoy the little bit of time off from work between now and then. I'll have some questions for you on Sunday about your "ship-out".

    ReplyDelete