Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ship Day

Today started early with a 4:30AM wakeup call. I went downstairs and ate a quick breakfast provided by the hotel. I then waited for the shuttle to take us to MEPS. When I got there I went through a medical inspect where they checked my temperature, height, and weight. After that I played hurry up and wait while a finalized my paperwork. After my paperwork was done I did my oath ceremony and signed my enlistment contract. Then they served lunch. After that I had a briefing on travel and they gave me my plane tickets to San Antonio. We then left the building to applause and said goodbye to our families. That brings us to now...I am on the bus going to the airport... Lackland AFB here I come!!! Talk to you all in two months.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I was there. Well, for the waiting part, and the lunch part, and the watching you get on the bus part. :) I'm at our parents' house right now. Tyler is helping them move furniture. I'll leave you alone now. Have a good flight and I'll write to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: Marc has graduated from basic training! He is visiting with his parents before heading to tech school. *does celebratory dance* Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete