Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013

Happy New Year! I am excited for 2013, a lot is going to change this year if things go my way. I am really anxious for next week. I go to MEPS next Tuesday and Wednesday. Before going I was told to go to this website (click here), and make a list of my top 9 jobs. Here is my list.


  1. Aerospace Maintenance (2A5X1)
  2. Helicopter Maintenance (2A5X2)
  3. Air Traffic Control (1C1X1)
  4. Aerospace Propulsion (2A6X4)
  5. Aircraft Electrical And Environmental Systems (2A6X6)
  6. Client Systems (3D1X1)
  7. Air Transportation (2T2X1)
  8. Aircraft Fuel Systems (2A6X4)
  9. Aircraft Armament Systems (2W1X1)

Those who know me know that I like computers, I was going to college for computers and I recently received my CompTIA A+ Certification. They might wonder why only one job (#6) is computer related. Well because I am interested in things other than computer as well. I really like airplanes, that is my favorite part of my job at FedEx is getting to work around airplanes. It has been a dream of mine to get my pilots license, and I will be looking into Air Force flying clubs. Also the Air Force has many more airplane related jobs than computer related jobs. I have no interest do computer programming or anything like that so Client Systems is really the only computer job appealing to me. Ultimately my list reflects my desire to learn new skills while satisfying my fascination with aircraft.

Expect my next post to be on Wednesday January 9, 2013 after my 2nd day at MEPS. Hopefully I will have good news to report.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for stuff happening! Good luck at MEPS and try not to stress out about the tests and stuff. Being stressed for all of next week won't help anything and it'll just make you feel like crap. I don't even know if you're actually stressed but I think I would be so I'm just putting that out there in case you are. Also, it seems like they'd be more likely to send you somewhere cool if you were doing airplanes than if you were doing computers, so that might be nice. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete